- ForexLive Americas FX news wrap: US PMIs blow away expectationson January 22, 2021 at 10:04 pm
Forex news for New York trade on Markets: - Gold down $15 to $1854 - US 10-year yields down 2 bps to 1.85% - S&P 500 down 12 points to 3841 - WTI crude down $1 to $52.14 The extremely strong manufacturing and services PMIs from Markit were a reminder that the US economy continues to recover even amongst the
- US equity close: Mixed picture in US equitieson January 22, 2021 at 9:12 pm
Closing changes for the main markets: That's a strange dynamic. It was neither tech nor large caps leading but small caps managed to clock a big gain. On the week:
- Biden says covid deaths expected to be well over 600,000on January 22, 2021 at 8:25 pm
The US just crossed 400,000 Biden is speaking from the White House about the pandemic and said there is little that can be done to change the trajectory of the pandemic.
- What's China plan to reset relations with the US?on January 22, 2021 at 7:36 pm
China has been making overtures to the US The US-China well has been poised and any talk of a return to the pre-2017 status quo is unrealistic. China knows that.
- Strong retail sales? Upbeat BOC? No matter, CAD still the laggard this weekon January 22, 2021 at 7:14 pm
Global macro outshines domestic macro The top two items on the Canadian dollar agenda this week were the retail sales report and the Bank of Canada. The retail sales numbers today were up 1.3%, crushing the flat estimate. Ex-autos were +2.1% versus the +0.3% consensus. December advance numbers took the shine off but that's a great report.
- A big week for earnings next week in the USon January 22, 2021 at 6:16 pm
Microsoft, American Express, Apple, Tesla, Facebook, McDonald's all scheduled to release Below are a list of the major companies scheduled. Monday Tuesday Wednesday
- Brian Deese NEC Director: Economy at a very precarious momenton January 22, 2021 at 6:09 pm
Brian Deese new NEC Director speaking from the White House
- Baker Hughes oil rig count 289 vs. 289 estimate. Last week 287.on January 22, 2021 at 6:01 pm
Oil rigs are up for the 9th consecutive week The price of WTI crude oil futures was trading at $52.38 just before the release. The price is currently at $52.30.